Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Just the Two of Us

+JMJ+

Seeker of the Way has been good enough to mention us in a post on his blog:

This blog is kept by a Jesuit novice. Now before anyone pulls out the torches and pitchforks, let me assure you that this guy seems quite orthodox, and let me remind you that the same order that nowadays gives us guys like VerEeck (the liturgical dance dude, I'm still not sure how you spell his name) has also given us guys like Fr. Mitch Pacwa. My only criticism of the blog is that the "Roma Locuta Est" phrase moves down with you as you scroll down. But other than that, it's a great site!

Ladies and gentlemen, that would be the first time I've been referred to as a "Jesuit novice". Incoming novice, new novice, upcoming novice, all these I have been called, but never yet a "Jesuit novice". Well, I think its time to bust out the carbonated white grape juice! (Also, the semi-comparison to Fr. Pacwa and begging for the faithful not to burn me at the stake was rather touching)

Two things of note, however:

1) I am not the only person who runs this blog, nor would it be remotely possible for me to do so. Even if I had the ability to post every day (which I may have at the moment but won't very soon), I would not be able to set up such a sophisitcated site as I am, alas, utterly incompetent in the ways of computers. Even typing this is a strain on my skills, though I do hope to get better. Credit, therefore, must also go in a very large way to featherjinxer (aka "fj"). You can tell which posts are hers and which are mine by looking at the beginning and end of each post. If it doesn't start with "+JMJ+" and end with "+Ad Majorem Dei Gloram+", plus a delightful and either amusing or meaningful quotation, its hers. I'll put up a bio post soon enough to help make the distinction.

2) Fj fixed the phrase thing.

+Ad Majorem Dei Gloram+

"A life that cannot be swayed by any adversity from its fixed and upright resolve is better than
one that is easily weakened and overthrown by transitory misfortunes."
-St. Augustine, On Free Choice of the Will

2 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Blogger fj said...

Thank you my friend!

And you are still silly :D.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger C S said...

Well,

It's good to have another good Catholic blog up and running, and Lord knows we need more good Jesuits out there, to counterbalance those who have lost a few marbles.

Keep up the great work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home