Wednesday, May 11, 2005

King Takes Bishop

+JMJ+

I really do wish that were solely a chess reference. Boy do I. But no, evidently the Chineese have one of the Catholic bishops, and the Church would kinda like him back. According to Zenit:

Four years ago a bishop of the Chinese underground Church disappeared, and the government denies knowing anything about his fate.

Wanting information, the Chinese underground Church -- which recognizes the Pope's authority, but is not officially approved by the Beijing authorities -- made another public request to the government for confirmation of the detention of Bishop Shi Enxiang from Yixian, in the province of Hebei, explained AsiaNews.

I'm not even going to go into jokes about AsiaNews, gov't control, etc. Trust me, though, they're plentiful.

The authorities were after Bishop Shi Enxiang since 1995. He eventually disappeared, at 81, from his niece's home in Beijing on the morning of April 13, 2001.

I think that if the secret police is wasting time kidnapping bishops who are older than my grandparents, they need to seriously re-evaluate their priorities.

The family went to the police for information on his whereabouts, but were met with the latter's refusal. Beijing's police also denied knowing anything.

Well, at least they're honest about that much.

source

It's going to be a loooong day. Perhaps I'll share with the class what I wrote up for my Military Ethics final later on.

+Ad Majorem Dei Gloram+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home