Sunday, June 19, 2005

A Great Place To Go!

+JMJ+

As much as I take pokes at the Jesuits (which runs along the same vein as the self-depreciating jabs I like to make of myself), I really wouldn't go to any other Order. The same method of formation and spirituality that has given the Church the occasional thorn in the side such as Fr. Andrew Greeley has given her far more devoted servants and great minds, such as St. Ignatius and the original companions, Peter Canisius, and Robert Bellarmine, to name but a few.

One of the really great examples of a good Jesuit ministry is the Online Ministries Page over at the Creighton University website. I've been going there for quite a while now, and its an excellent site. My personal favorite there is the daily reflection where a faculty member (not necessarily a Jesuit, except for Sundays, when it is always a preist) writes a page or so long reflection on the Scripture readings of the day. I have not personally been to their online retreat section, but if there is one thing the Jesuits excel at, it is retreats (second, of course, is founding colleges and universities with top-notch basketball teams), so I'd whole-heartedly recommend it as well. Definitely something worth looking at.

+Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam+

"Humor is the only test of gravity, and gravity of humor; for a subject which will not bear raillery is suspicious, and a jest which will not bear serious examination is false wit."
-Aristotle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home