Sunday, June 12, 2005

"Men Astutely Trained"

+JMJ+

While fj was off ordaining Abby (her dog) back home and a fringe group was out on the St. Lawrence river ordaining women, I was in New Orleans this weekend (I left early Friday and got back very, very early Sunday) watching seven men be ordained as priests in the Society of Jesus in a mass that in terms of ceremony and beauty rivals even the Easter Vigil masses. My warmest congratulations, the best of luck, and the grace of God to these men, two of whom were actually teachers at my high school when I was a freshman and sophomore.
Fr. Rafael Vitoriano D. Baylon, S.J.
Fr. Ronald J. Boudreaux, S.J.
Fr. Flavio Issac Bravo-Valle, S.J.
Fr. John DeAndrea Cunningham, S.J.
Fr. Justin Daffron, S.J.
Fr. Anthony Gerard Rauschuber, S.J.
Fr. Michael Ross Romero, S.J.

+Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam+
"The spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me; He has sent me to bring glad tidings to the lowly, to heal the brokenhearted... to give them oil of gladness in place of mourning, a glorious mantle instead of a listless spirit."
-Isaiah 61:1, 3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home