The Promises of the Sacred Heart
The Twelve Promises of Our Blessed Lord to St. Margaret Mary for those who are devoted to His Sacred Heart:
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
2. I will give peace in their families.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. They shall find in my Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of death.
5. I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
9. I will bless the homes in which the image of my Sacred Heart shall be exposed and honored.
10. I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who propagate this devotion shall have their name written in my Heart and it shall never be effaced.
12. The All-Powerful Love of my Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under my displeasure, nor without receiving the Sacraments; my Heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.
I was quite amused when I discovered the fact that my 9th consecutive first firday fell upon the feast of the Sacred Heart. Its really the little things like that which really need to make you smile.
+Ad Majorem Dei Gloram+
"To love is to risk. To love without risk is not true love. To risk with tenderness to the point of being ready to give all, even one's life as Christ did, is the most profound expression of true solidarity."
-Helen McLaughlin, RSCJ (Thirteenth Superior General of the Society of the Sacred Heart)