Friday, July 22, 2005

"Passion of Christ, Strengthen Me"

+JMJ+

Came across some advice on EWTN a few days ago about praying from Fr. Groschel. One really great thing that he suggested was to look at a crucifix for several minutes in prayer. I've been doing this for a little bit, and can say that it is most definitely solid advice. Personally, I prefer to do so first thing, so as to get in a proper disposition, but I don't think that would be a hard and fast rule by any stretch. Unless I'm in a church, I'll typically use the crucifix at the end of my rosary. Bigger ones can have their uses, though. For one thing, you can see the wounds quite a bit better, unless, of course, you got your rosary 'supersized' when you bought it.

+Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam+

"If you are looking for an example of humility, look at the cross."
-St. Thomas Aquinas

2 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger C S said...

Now, would a supersized rosary come with an extra order of grace?

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger David said...

It might at that...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home